An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN. Employer identification numbers are issued for the purpose of tax administration and are not intended for participation in any other activities (e.g., tax lien auction or sales, lotteries, etc.)
What is the purpose of a Tax ID Number?
Is there any daily limitation of EINs Assigned to a Responsible Party?
Due to a high volume of requests for EINs, the IRS will begin limiting the number of EINs assigned per day to a responsible party. Effective April 11, 2011, a responsible party was limited by the IRS to five (5) EINs in one business day. This limit is in effect whether you apply online, by phone, fax or mail.
What if the Responsible Party for my New Entity was an EIN previously obtained online?
We cannot process your application online if the responsible party is an entity with an EIN previously obtained through the internet.
Do I need a new Tax ID Number?
You will need an EIN if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
- Do you have employees?
- Do you operate your business as a corporation or partnership?
- Do you file any of these tax returns: Employment, Excise, or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms?
- Do you withhold taxes on income, other than wages, paid to a non-resident alien?
- Do you have a Keogh plan?
- Are you involved with any of the following types of organizations?
Are you involved with any of the following types of organizations?
- Trusts, except certain grantor-owned revocable trusts, IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns
- Real estate mortgage investment conduits
- Non-profit organizations
- Farmers' cooperatives
- Plan administrators
How long will it take to get my new EIN number?
We offer a Rush Delivery in which one of our agents will obtain your EIN from the IRS on your behalf in as little as 60 minutes during business hours. Our other option is Standard Delivery which takes 1-2 business days.
How much do you charge for your service?
Our Standard Delivery option is $247.00 and our Rush Delivery option is $297.00.
- How can I contact EIN Filing Service?
What are your hours of operation?
Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm CST. We are closed on all major holidays and weekends. We still accept new online orders outside of our hours of operation.
Is my personal data secured on your website?
Absolutely yes! We take every measure possible to protect our client's sensitive information from prying eyes.
What is the difference between a Tax ID Number and an EIN?
A Tax ID Number and an EIN are one in the same. An EIN is an Employer Identification Number. A TIN is a Tax Identification Number. A FEIN is a Federal Employer Identification Number. These are just alternate names for a Federal Tax ID.
What is your process to file for a Tax ID Number?
To start, complete our 1-page online application. Once you've completed your application one of our agents will get started on retrieving your new Tax ID Number from the IRS. Our online application can be filled out in under 5-mins.
Who can use your service?
Anyone needing to file for an EIN Number. The only restrictions are:
- The primary address must be in the United States, and
- The owner, principal officer, trustor, grantor, etc. must have a valid Taxpayer ID Number (Social Security Number, Individual Taxpayer ID Number, or Federal Tax ID) to enter on the form.